Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My Intergalactic Joyride! (Blacks of Kinsale)


As per the labeling, I'm promised An intergalactic Joyride! Jaysus I haven't had one of those since me college days, but that's a whole other "review"!

Blacks of Kinsale with their ever "mad" labels! One thing it does is gets your attention.

The Sniff
Hop Central here! Houston, we most certainly don't have a problem. Robust Flavours, ready to, ahem, kick your ass.

The Squint
Pretty much easy enough to see through the Autumnal glow from this punchy 6.5%! Certainly not as dark as I was expecting. No sediment and minimal lacing. Reducing head from the off.

The Quench
I've tasted many varieties 6.5% and above, this one doesn't feel like a brute its alcohol level claims, so should come with a health warning, in a good way.  Certainly don't hop into your rocket and launch home that's for sure. Use a taxi.

Light roasted something or other in there, along with some nuts and something sweet, not overly sweet, just cant put my tongue on it. Although it is quite a bitter offering if your into it.

Hang on I'll take another mouthful for research purposes. Woody Citrus Peel, look at me getting all hipster! I reckon those who admire a "calm" offering i.e. no carbonation, or minimal at best will do little wrong in handling one of these. I seen this IPA being called "oily", I didn't get that off it I'll admit


The Finale
As IPA's go this packs a wallop. From the off, you know you'll be going somewhere with this, a few more and you may not want to go further... Lets just say you probably wouldn't be going all day "on the tare" on this one, 3-4 and your well on the way to that promise of the Joyride, Intergalactic Style. For me this one is one for the house/house party, with a chauffeur home!

Slainte

@davyod











No comments:

Post a Comment