Saturday, October 24, 2015

Go Hang Yer Bollocks Off Them! (The 5 Lamps Brewery)

Before we begin, don't get offended by the "bollocksology"
in the title.

Read this first, then proceed.

Right, ready?

The Sniff
In my humble opinion, most lagers unless laden with chemicals dont actually smell too strong. Some do give a stronger linger on the nostrils, but most "natural" ones simply present themselves for tasting. 5 Lamps Lager is no different. This one, the reveal is in the taste, so why wait!

The Squint
Carbonation, well it is a lager in fairness. You getting exactly what you ask for here. Diminishing head, a little bit of lacing all encased within a weak tea colour and practically see through. If you placed a tea bag in a cup for 5 seconds and took it out, hey presto!

Like a beer I reviewed from Kerry, this could be a Craft Lager to introduce a suspicious drinker who is thinking of changing his or her order from the Innkeeper. Kerry v Dubs, it never ends!


The Quench
My first impression was "jaysus theres sherbert in there", then it was gone. This one is for the outdoors, think festivals, picnics. A real palette cleanser if there is such a thing where beer is related?

Offering a slightly more than gentle 4.2%, I'd happily sip'n'sit there and listen to the world go buy, with the sun on me back!

After a few more swigs, vanilla, nutty insights all sang for me

The Finale
I'm a kayak fisherman as a hobby and last year in Blind Strand just outside Courtmacsherry in Cork I caught some mackerel, 15 minutes later they were on a BBQ! I wish I could have hung my bollocks off the BBQ that day. This lager would have been the perfect remedy with BBQ'd fish!
Sláinte

@davyod

No comments:

Post a Comment