Saturday, October 24, 2015

Their good at Football but how do they fare at beer? (Beoir Chorca Dhuibhne / West Kerry Brewery)

My first ever venture with this (what I shall presume is a small operation) Brewery offering.


Taking the floor tonight is the Blue Rose, Dry Hopped Pale Ale (The Renegade Series) boasting 5% in a 500ml prison!

To bew honest I really should be doing this piece As Gaeilge (Irish) as the base for this innings is in The Gaeltacht region of West Kerry.
Having not partaken in a "Dry Hopped Ale" before, at least I don't think I have - I'm expecting something different. 


The Sniff?
Perhaps I'm not trying hard enough, perhaps I'm right on the money, but there's barely an aroma. This is neither a good or bad thing, its just a feature.  Some "experts" get hung up on the aroma alone, perhaps this is one of those that isn't supposed to have one. 


The Squint? 
A cloudy beer, not full a sediment or anything, but just enough that you cant see clearly though the glass of what appears to be a comparison to champagne colour.  In essence think of a cloudy champagne, who knows perhaps the "cute Kerry Hoors" (go on, find out what it is) want it that way.

Some very light fizz, barely notice it. 

Lacing - the foamy bits left on the glass. Barely there. As per previous posts, that doesn't bother me, some people get their brain in a twist over it.

The Quench? 
This Dry Hopped Offering slips down the gullet nicely. It's not a strong tasting beer, theres nothing wrong with it per say, and at 5% you'd have to be careful with this one. I'd say it could creep up on you if your not keeping yer wits about you. 

According to their own story regarding the ingredients (below)... 
...I definitely got a faint hint of something, maybe its the Elderflower or grassy elements, not really sure on that, but apart from the blackberries the ingredients in my own opinion are of a gentle nature. Resulting in a gentle taste.

The Finale?
This could be a perfect beer to introduce a someone to the whole world of craft, as opposing to scaring them out of their soul with something manic. It's definitely earthy and fresh, could sip away all day on it. A simple beer, from (in their words) a small microbrewery. It most certainly doesn't lack any quality. 

I'm glad I tried it. Give it a go yourself.



Sláinte 



No comments:

Post a Comment