Monday, October 19, 2015

ADVENTures in Craft Part 1

So, erm....lets begin shall we? Ok.

So craft beer? My interest stems over 3 or 4 years now (as at October 2015), but my real taste for crafties came after spending a day with Jaq from Liquid Curiosity and my good pal "Milty". I have my good wife (The Fun Prevention Officer) to thank for sending me on this course, I'm sure she would agree it was money well spent! 

I'll put it to you this way:
I used to like trying different beers, but "post course" now I appreciate them. 

I'll blog about the course in the near future.  

So after reading a tweet on d'internet I came across #irishbeeradventcalendar and this was the catalyst for the creation of The Glass Sandwich

I am now in the throws of devising my version of Craft Beer Advent Calendar, it's very early days yet, but already have selected a few crafties for it, but like most advent calendars you don't exactly know what your gonna get.

My chosen liquids will be based on:

  • Some I've tried
  • Some I have not
  • Labelling
  • Price
  • General Feeling when I look at the bottle
  • Peer pressure!
  • Online Feedback
  • Marketing
  • Free gifts from rich people/brewery owners
All the pics regarding the Craft Advent Calendar are borrowed from a quick search and I thank those who went before me for the help...I'll need it! 

More updates in Part 2...soon.



4 comments:

  1. Interesting! Look forward to seeing h how this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Brian, every empire started...something something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great idea and what a way to start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck Pal. Looking forward to your next and future updates.

    ReplyDelete