Tuesday, November 10, 2015

12 Acres Brewing Company "Golden Pale Ale"

12 Acres Brewing Company is one I have to say I don't know a whole lot about. At the time of writing, I think there is a small glitch with their website.

Coming in (my opinion the best) the 500ml Bottle, traditional packaging with some chap, I'll presume he's from Clonmore, Killeshin.  The label does describe how the name 12 Acres is from one of their fields, where the barley, the water etc is all sourced as depicted in their ground/glass imagery below.

I'd argue that their image is one of a safe one. Colours easy on the eye, traditional so to speak and would appeal to all really.

Clearly they know what their up to as they achieved a Bronze Cup right here  recently!

The Sniff
Initial sweet biscuit, but as with some pales I've tried recently, its not very hard on the nose.

The Squint
No lacing, a light cloudy caramel fluid that looks great I have to say.

The Quench
Very refreshing, maybe its the power of marketing, maybe its the truth, but I did get a sense "brewed - shipped - bought - drank". Translation, brew it and drink it to get maximum benefits.

The "drink before" date on this bottle is May next year (2016), even with the best will in the world it wouldn't last that long.

Carbonation there, not champagne bubbles or anything thankfully and a sweet biscuit caramel again, some where in their popping up its head ever so often is a tiny flake of citrus.

The Finale
It's not marketed as one, however it has all the makings of a Session IPA to be honest! I want more and I shall have more.  Yes, this prince shall go to the ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment