Sunday, November 15, 2015

Go big or go home! (White Gypsy)

Yea you pay a little more, but you also get more.

Gypsy Bottles are big.  Apparently size isn't everything, but there's always exceptions.

*looks in mirror, looks down....laughs hysterically!*

From browsing White Gypsy Website you do indeed get the feeling of 'local' (ingredients, sales, community etc) and first name terms with all involved.  Its great to see.  Maybe other breweries do the same, the Gypsy lads (Lassies too) make reference to it, so yea, Kudos!


"We make good beer, the other guys make bad beer!" I'd love to work with Cuilan Loughane, seems like a no bullshit type a guy and I always appreciate those people, whether I agree or not is irrelevant for this article, but yes, no bullshitters, I'm a fan!
So this evening the Gypsy beings us their version of an American Pale Ale clunking in at 7.5% in a 750ml "sharing" bottle. Sharing? We'll see by end of the review.

The Sniff
Ah that Hoppy aroma of American Pale Ale and I'm happy.  It's remarkable, the amount of breweries claim this, but in my opinion flute around with it so much that it becomes a bit of a mutant ale, without any real aroma. I like my smelly beers and this doesn't fail. Well done.

The Squint
Yes, a large bottle, simple marketing and what I reckon will become a well recognized logo for years to come - A Gypsy Horse. Its cloudy amber fluid with plenty of lacing is what I'd expect from a quality beer and White Gypsy Brewery gives this spades, no, shovel fulls!


The Quench
Superb, really well put together. Whether its the Oak that comes out,or the vanilla trickles that burst every so often, perhaps its a weird taste of toffee too, either way put all these together and you have a Gypsy curse,in a good way!! The carbonation does fall away but it is still there until the last sup of the bottle. Butterscotch! Bravo!

The Finale
Yea you pay more, but it is a large bottle, I think I maybe saving some pocket money, cos I wont be sharing mine with anyone.

Described as a sharing bottle? Yea,good luck with that!
Sláinte 

No comments:

Post a Comment